Saturday, July 20, 2013

Teamwork Bingo

I incorporated "Classroom Bingo" (I borrowed this idea from CFClassroom.com's "TEAMWORK BINGO." You can find more about it here: Ladybug's Teaching Files), in second grade last year. I still love this idea and would like to do something like this again. 

We "played" this bingo game as an entire class. Our prize was a Rocking Reading Party - including popcorn, reading, dancing, music, and gifts! Once we gained all the points needed. . .we set our party date and it was as easy as that! (You don't have to do a party, you could do Extra Recess/No Homework, etc.)

At our party, each student got to take home a book that they shopped for. (Yes, I have a stockpile of unopened school supplies and free/cheap/donated pictures books.)

The students were hyped on good behavior vibes (and juice boxes) that day! I saw many showing off their books at dismissal.


One of my favorite things about the book shop that we set up was that the kids had a chance to pick out their own book. It was something they could take home and share. One student I thought for sure was going to pick out a sports book, picked out Good Night Gorilla, which he told me he intended to read to his sibling. Maybe that will spark an interest in her to become interested in books! Young leaders paying it forward! - Woo Hoo!

I have seen other similar cute ideas like the Brownie Points board. But the Bingo was fun and was as simple as printing out the free material, throwing the bingo board on a clipboard and the numbers in a brown paper baggie. I kept track of BINGO points on the whiteboard. At the end of the day I picked someone's name stick to draw the numbers.


Get the Free Printable from CFClassroom: Teamwork Bingo Whole Class FREEBIE

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Pin It button on image hover