Sunday, March 9, 2014

I'm Back...

I honestly don't know how rockstar teachers have time to blog! Blogger teachers are my role models.

So, where has this teacher been you might be wondering?

I have found myself in a kindergarten classroom, teaching and learning with 17 creative and energetic kinders this year. Mrs. T's Travelers have "traveled" to many different places this year. I cannot believe that it is almost Spring Break, can you? What are you planning to do for Spring Break?

Since I last left you all, I have had many life changes. I was very lucky to join an AMAZING school & I got married (it was at one of the happiest places on Earth and yes, I surprised my husband with Stormtroopers!). Lots of good things happening in my life right now and I feel really blessed. 
My first Friday in kindergarten,
 Date night: cleaning and organizing! 
Healthy "Candy Corn" Snack
Masterpiece Museum 
1-3-14
May the Force be With Us! 
Enough about me (for now...) What's been happening in my classroom?

I have started a donorchoose for my classroom. Right now, we are in need of an iPad. This would change the way we learn in many ways. With an iPad, I can be in 2 places at one time. I can record instruction and allow students to use the iPad to explore centers, games, and learning projects. I am excited by the donations that are coming. If you feel like you'd like to donate please do! My students are excited with updates about donations that have been coming in. 

UPDATE: WE MET OUR GOAL! Thank you, thank you, thank you for all who donated. I have already paid it forward and donated to another project that was almost at their goal!

Help us meet our goal:










Do you use iPads in your classroom? If so, do you think they make a difference in your student's growth? 

Interesting articles to read about iPads for kinders: 

iPads can help improve literacy scores:
http://www.loopinsight.com/2012/02/17/ipad-improves-kindergartners-literacy-scores/

iPads for every student:
http://www.heidisongs.com/blog/2012/06/one-on-one-ipad-program-in-kindergarten.html


Thanks for stopping by, 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Pin It button on image hover